Friday, August 24, 2012

Introduction

First of all, I'm starting this blog as a photo class assignment. But who knows what it will turn into! I'm not bad at journaling, I actually do it everyday, but I won't always have time for 2 journals. For right now it will be mostly about my photography journey.

I know "candy lady" doesn't have anything to do with photography, but its the only nickname someone has ever given me (other than my mother but I wish for that name to remain a family secret). I make a lot of fudge, truffles and (the best) caramels ever for my church and one day a boy returning from a 2-year mission asked his mom if the "candy lady" was still in the ward. I also make cakes and do a little catering. My latest passion has been photography but I haven't been given a nickname for that yet. So "candy lady" will have to do!

I don't have a specific moment when I fell in love with photography. It came much the same way my love for cooking did: I saw how happy it made people to receive it (food and photos) and wanted to keep sharing it. I also scrapbook and pictures are kinda important in that hobby. I wanted great pictures for the pages I was so painstakingly trimming, embellishing and glueing. So a few years ago my husband bought me a good camera and I signed up for digital photography class and away I went with another hobby! Its become my preferred passage of time, sometimes even over cooking. I'm not great, but I keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment