Monday, October 8, 2012

Anna Marie Stepney- Artist

I found this photographer on "diary of a vintage girl" blog. She helped with a vintage wedding photoshoot. Her website is http://www.annamariestepney.co.uk/

She does engagements, weddings, families, portraits, babies, maternity....the usuals. But I choose her because her images are different than most in those categories (except for the engagement photos). I feel like I know some of her clients personalities just by looking at their photographs. And I appreciate that she shows more than just the "pretty" images of the bride and groom; she shows the guests laughing, dancing, giving a toast. Sometimes they have a goofy expression on his/her face, but those moments are real and shouldn't be forgotten by the bride and groom. There's a lot that goes on at a wedding that they don't get to see and I think its fun to at least see them in the photographs later.

I also like her mix of color and black & white, within the same event. She chooses the appropriate one for the image and it looks nice as you scroll through.

What I didn't care for are the higher angle shots of couples. They aren't flattering or appealing. A less dramatic angle would have worked better.

As mentioned above, the engagement photos weren't too unusual, although I did like some of them. I personally believe engagement photos should represent the couple- their personalities as a couple and/or individually. They should also reflect something about the couples style and possibly the theme of the upcoming wedding. Its a great way to give a little bit of info about the bride or groom to someone who doesn't know one of them.

Overall, I enjoyed her gallery and can't wait to see what else she does.

*I wasn't able to save any of her images to post on the blog so you will have to visit it yourself to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment