Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Jennifer Silverberg- artist

We had a 2nd guest speaker come to our class last week (yes, I should have written about her sooner but I'm busy!) and she was wonderful! She was extremely engaging and her work is fantastic. She is currently doing freelance photography, but a lot is food photography, which interests me for obvious reasons ( I LOVE to cook in case its not obvious). So many of her photos I recognize from local editorial pieces that I peruse in restaurants and when I was managing the Gumbo Shop. Just now I went to her blog and saw the pieces she made about an underground restaurant. I remember seeing them in the article and thinking how cool they were. I remember thinking how tough it must have been to photograph there because its dark and underground. So yeah I'm on cloud 9 because I actually met her!

Jennifer is also a "self-taught" photographr, which is an inspiration to me. The opportunity to meet Jennifer and see her work has made me more passionate about photography. Maybe when I am done with school I can look into an internship with someone like Jennifer Silverberg!

I'll post a few pictures from the underground restaurant, but look at her blog or website for more!

http://jennifersilverberg.blogspot.com/

http://www.jsilverberg.com/





She has also done amazing work for River Front Times (see her bio for details) and you can see her photos here:

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/related/to/Jennifer+Silverberg/



No comments:

Post a Comment