Sunday, February 16, 2014

Humans of New York

I found this guys name, Brandon Stanton, mentioned in a post somewhere and since I needed another artist to blog about I looked him up. I just spent HOURS looking at his HONY (Humans of New York) project and blog.


Its pretty freaking awesome! He walks around the city and talks to people, takes their picture, posts it with some caption and made a book. He's been on the front page of the TIMES, interviewed by ABC, yadda yadda. And he deserves some attention. His work is really fun, creative and I love the captions. The images themselves tell a story, but I think the captions have their own impact. Some are hilarious, some are political statements, some are sad, some are peoples regrets and advice. And his "Today in micro fashion..." images are adorable! I love it!

Here's a poem and image sample from his website/blog about HONY:


No comments:

Post a Comment