Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Ron Haviv don'ts of a website




Ron Haviv is a photojournalist who captures conflict, violent and non-violent, to record injustices and people in the events they describe (the bio on his site is much better). You can check him out yourself:
http://www.ronhaviv.com/#s=0&mi=2&pt=1&pi=10000&p=0&a=0&at=0

His pictures are compelling but his site isn't friendly. It causes me conflict to look at...I'm in the process of creating a website and its not my forte. I want it to look good, make a good impression, and not piss someone off when they try to navigate it. I want to come across as friendly, not self-important and God's gift to photography (which is my impression of Haviv after viewing his website). This is one of my goals for the semester.

What do you think of his website? What are aspects you like? What would you change?

No comments:

Post a Comment